Badr Burshaid PMI-KSA Chapter President
- Director of Saudi Aramco’s PMI, responsible to oversee, manage, monitor and control a multi-billion dollar project portfolio. This portfolio covers over more than 200 projects annually including Oil and Gas projects, Petrochemicals, Community and Infrastructure projects, Joint Ventures, maritime projects and other sectors.
- Completed 19 years of experience in project management in complex project management projects. His role includes working as a program director managing and executing a Mega Oil and Gas program.
- International Project management experiences in Egypt, UK, and South Korea.
- Established partnerships with projects institutions including PMI.
- Mechanical Engineering, King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals (KFUPM)
- CII Leadership Program, The University of Texas at Austin – Red McCombs School of Business
Current Title & Company:
Director, Project Management Office Department, Saudi Aramco.
- Member of PMI’s Global Executive Council.
- Member of the Saudi Council of Engineers
- Active participant in Technical Dinners and extracurricular events with PMI KSA and the local projects ecosystem.
- Active supporter in the PMI-KSA Academy
- Acted as a Keynote Speaker at the PMI KSA Conference in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia (2019)
As a member with the local chapter since February, 2019 and strong commitment towards PMI’s mission, vision and values, I plan to transform PMI KSA to a regional hub and a center of excellence for PM knowledge, empower the next generation of project leaders by sharing global best practices to unleash unparalleled opportunities and have regional and global impact in project management profession.
I will achieve this by Integrating knowledge of PMI and establish regional project strategic partnership with private, government, academic and non-profit organizations to have a deeper impact in Project
Management. Furthermore, I intend to engage project management professionals through learning, sharing and volunteering to effectively disseminate project management knowledge, products, resources and services to the door steps of practitioners from private organizations, government agencies, academia, training providers and individual members across the country.
As the president of the Saudi Arabia Chapter, I will make sure that the voices of its members are heard on a regular basis by ensuring that chapter bylaws and PMI bylaws are upheld, free elections are exercised and transparency and accountability is exhibited throughout its leadership positions